Prof Dale Howes
Dale Howes is the head of the department of Oral Rehabilitation at the University of the Witwatersrand and in part time private prosthodontic practice at Morningside MediClinic, Johannesburg.
He is the current Vice President of the ISMR (International Society for Maxillofacial Rehabilitation), board member of the ICP (International College of Prosthodontists), invited fellow of the International academy for Oral and Facial Rehabilitation (IAOFR) and serves on the North American working group for Advanced Digital Technology in Craniofacial Reconstruction.
He has received fellowships from the College of Dentistry of South Africa and the International College of Dentists.
He is a past president of the Academy of Prosthodontics of South Africa, and founder member of the P-I Brånemark Institute of South Africa as well as the Face Value Foundation Trust. This PBO is dedicated to enhancing head and neck treatment and rehabilitation through comprehensive multidisciplinary care, research and education.
He has published research and book chapters in fields including head and neck cancer rehabilitation, occlusion and biomechanics. He has delivered keynote presentations to:
- The Australasian Osseointegration Society (2009, 2011)
- The British Society for the Study of Prosthetic Dentistry (BSSPD)
- Latin American and Cuban Associations of Face Rehabilitation and Maxillofacial Prostheses in 2012 and 2013.
- The Russian Implant Society (2010)
- The International Society for Maxillofacial Rehabilitation (2013)
- Russian Society for Craniofacial Cancer (2014 and 2016).
- 40th anniversary World Celebration of Osseointegration, Sao Paulo (2005)
- The International College of Prosthodontics (2009, 2015),
- The American Academy for Maxillofacial Prosthetics (2009)
- Awarded Best Presentations at the Nobel Biocare World Congress 2005 and the Academy of Osseointegration Boston 2008